When your writing consists more of patronisingly big words and obscure, confusing statements than it does of useful, comprehensive information, it should not find its way into university reading lists. I mean, seriously. fuck.
Is there anything more distracting than a bad smell? I think not.
“The conditions under which any one understands me, and necessarily understands me — I know them only too well.Even to endure my seriousness, my passion, he must carry intellectual integrity to the verge of hardness. He must be accustomed to living on mountain tops — and to looking upon the wretched gabble of politics and nationalism as beneath him. He must have become indifferent; he must never ask of the truth whether it brings profit to him or a fatality to him … He must have an inclination, born of strength, for questions that no one has the courage for; the courage for the forbidden; predestination for the labyrinth. The experience of seven solitudes. New ears for new music. New eyes for what is most distant. A new conscience for truths that have hitherto remained unheard. And the will to economize in the grand manner — to hold together his strength, his enthusiasm … Reverence for self; love of self; absolute freedom of self ….”
- Nietzsche ‘the anti-christ’
“ ‘I’m bored’ is a useless thing to say. You live in a great, big, vast world that you’ve seen none percent of. And even the inside of your own mind is endless. It goes on forever inwardly.
Do you understand?
Being the Fact that you’re alive is amazing, so you don’t get to be bored.”
- Louis ck aka The smartest man alive
i am reblogging these because i don’t want to forget them.
Words to keep inside your pocket:
- Quiescent - a quiet, soft-spoken soul.
- Chimerical - merely imaginary; fanciful.
- Susurrus - a whispering or rustling sound.
- Raconteur - one who excels in story-telling.
- Clinquant - glittering; tinsel-like.
- Aubade - a song greeting the dawn.
- Ephemeral - lasting a very short time.
- Sempiternal - everlasting; eternal.
- Euphonious - pleasing; sweet in sound.
- Billet-doux - a love letter.
- Redamancy - act of loving in return.